Today I have a tens list from author, Kirstin Pulioff. Enjoy the post; check out my review of her fascinating short story, The Ivory Tower; and don’t forget to enter the giveaway before you go!
Thank you so much for having me here today. I am excited to be on your blog sharing a bit about myself and my new short story, The Ivory Tower. As an author of fantasy, both this YA dystopian and a MG fantasy adventure, I am often asked why I write in the genre. I thought I would give you my top ten reasons.
Top Ten reasons I LOVE fantasy
10. The genre covers EVERYTHING… from super heroes, Disney heroines, wizards, vampires, talking animals, spooky creatures, and magic.
9. Fantasy is the ultimate escape of reality. With fantasy you have new worlds, new creatures, and new histories.
8. What you know may not be true, and what you wish may become real.
7. Prince Charming, knight in shining armor, the scoundrel who rescues you and becomes the good guy… does it get better than that?
6. No matter what loops and turns the story takes, good always triumphs over evil.
5. The hero’s journey… getting lost in the adventures of new discoveries, rescues, and fighting evil.
4. Only in fantasy can you get away with wearing a cape and leotard.
3. Did I mention all the good looking heroes?
2. The coolest of costumes and accessories… magic wands, belt buckles, capes, cool cars, fancy dresses.
1. Everyone lives Happily Ever After
277 –the number sewn into Simone’s shirt. The number that dictates her life
at the protection camp. Regulated by a system of ringing bells, fortified cars, and
rations, the survivors are protected from residual contaminates on the other side of
Breaking the monotony of the highly structured camp, Simone and her friend skip
school to enjoy one of the last nice days of fall. An afternoon game leads them to a
new part of the forest, uncovering more than they expected. All thoughts of
protection and rules are shattered by the appearance of the ivory tower. A tower
riddled with a history of danger and death.
When her friend shows up with a bruised face and thinly veiled threats, Simone has
to decide how much she is willing to risk to find out the truth of the tower.
Kirstin Pulioff is a storyteller at heart. Born and raised in Southern California, she
moved to the Pacific Northwest to follow her dreams and graduated from Oregon State
University with a degree in Forest Management. Happily married and a mother of two, she lives
in Oregon, and enjoys being a stay at home mom. When she’s not writing, she is busy with her
kids and church. This is Kirstin’s first venture into YA Dystopian, her other published work
includes a middle grade fantasy series.
Social Media Links (active links):
Amazon: Author & Book Page
Goodreads: Kirstin Pulioff
Prize 1: $25 Amazon gift cardPrize 2: ebook
Dates: midnight EDT October 21 – 11:59 pm EDT November 1